These fellas are a nice alternative to your traditional meat or veggie burger bought at a store. I’ve enjoyed these portabellos as a side dish, in between a fresh kaiser bun or nicely nestled in a lettuce boat! There are only 5 ingredients – that’s it! The marinade ingredients are typically always found in ones pantry.
What You Need
- 2 washed portabello mushrooms with their stems removed.
- 1 tbsp oil (I use either avocado or olive oil)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tamari/soyasauce
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- Wash portabello mushrooms under running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a Tupperware contained or Zip-Loc bag, add the mushrooms and the remaining ingredients.
- Give the mushrooms a nice massage to ensure they are entirely coated with the marinade
- Let sit in the fridge for 3-4 hours (the longer the better!!)
- Once it’s time to bake, preheat oven or BBQ to 425 degree F
- Place Mushrooms caps down on a baking sheet/grill, ensure some marinade is left in the “cap” (YUM!)
- Bake/BBQ for 20-25 minutes. You are more than welcome to flip them half way to get ride of some excess water from the portabellos.
- My preference is to serve on a fresh bun so that it absorbs all those nice juices!
~ All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of HiatusHunnie.com ~