This yummy mix of goodness is loaded with omega-rich ingredients! I also like to call this my “low-‘nola” because it’s low on the sugar side. Instead of using regular oil or butter, I’ve chosen to use coconut oil instead. After a few trials, I’ve come to realize the coconut oil actually makes it more crunchy and delicious! I love add this granola to a bowl of kefir, greek yogurt, fruit or ice cream! I even add it to trail mix sometimes.
What You Need
Rolled Oats | 2 Cups
Steel Cut Oats | 2 Cups
Pumpkin Seeds | 1 Cup
Raw Pecans | 1 Cup Roughly Chopped
Hemp Hearts | 1/2 Cup
Ground Flax Seed | 1/2 Cup
Melted Coconut Oil | 1/2 Cup
Maple Syrup | 1/2 Cup
Chia Seeds | 1/2 Cup
Cinnamon | 2 Tsp
Vanilla | 1 Tsp
Salt | 1 Tsp
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine all dry fixings into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt some coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Measure out 1/2 cup from the pot. If there is left over melted oil, just dump it back into the oil jar.
- Add in the Maple Syrup, Oil and Vanilla – stir until everything is coated evenly.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out the granola
- Pop the tray into the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- About half way through cooking, give the granola a little stir and move it around a bit.
- Allow the granola to cool completely once done before moving it to an air-tight container.
- Feel free to add in additional fixings such as Raisins or Dried Cranberries (but only when it’s cooled).
~ All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of hiatushunnie.com ~