What you Need
Makes ~5 Cups
Carrots | 2 Cups Chopped (Approx. 3 medium sized carrots)
Beet | 1 Peeled and Diced
Onion | 1 Roughly Diced
Celery | 4 Stocks Chopped
Fresh Ginger | 1/2 Thumb-sized, Minced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil | 3 tbsp
Coconut Milk | 1 Can
Water | 2 Cups
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Sauté the Onion and Celery in the olive oil until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Add your chopped carrots, and beets. Sauté for another 3 minutes or so.
- Add in the coconut milk and water. Stir.
- If your open your can of coconut milk and notice that it is separated (the fatty part is on top and the water is at the bottom, transfer it into a separate bowl and whisk until it’s smooth, then add to the vegetable. This usually occurs with Organic Coconut Milk.
- Let this boil away on medium-high heat for about 20-25 minutes, covered (or until your can fork the beets easily).
- Once the beets are fork-able, add in your fresh ginger.
- Blend the soup in a blender until smooth, and transfer it back into the pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
A tip when dealing with Beets:
Put your hand holding onto the beet in a plastic/zip-lock bag. This will save you from looking like a serial killer.
~ All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of http://www.hiatushunnie.com ~