It’s safe to say I’ve hopped on the “chia seed pudding” bandwagon. I’ve been quickly preparing this mixture these past two nights. It’s great. This concoction is so simple to make it’s ridiculous. By morning, It turns into this completely different medley of ingredients — and tastes even better. For this recipe I used a mixture of frozen organic berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and cherries) – they’re much more flavourful and delicious.
A few people I’ve talked to commonly complain that they don’t find the time in the mornings to throw together something healthy, and filling. Well, look no further. I promise you this breakfast bowl will keep you fulfilled for at least 4 hours. It starts your day off full of vitamins, omegas, protein, calcium and good ol’fibre. In other words, an excellent plant-based meal. Throw this together and let me know what you think!
What you Need
– 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
– 2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
– 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 1 tsp Honey or Maple Syrup
– 1/4 cup chopped Frozen Berries
– 1 tbsp chopped Almonds, Pecans or Walnuts
– 1 tbsp Almond Butter
– More Berries and Chia Seeds!
– Fresh Mint
What to Do
- Chop up your frozen berries and nuts — set aside
- Grab a cereal bowl and combine all your ingredients (including the berries and nuts)
- Mix well so that there is no Chia or Flax stuck to the bottom of the bowl or your spoon
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge.
- Let it set overnight ( for at least 6 hours)
- Wake up the next morning and enjoy!
Are you a fellow Chia Seed lover? Try this recipe out and let me know what you think in the comments below!
~ All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of hiatushunnie.com ~