Song in Headphones: Janglin
It was one of those mornings where you open the fridge and stare at it blankly for about 10 minute; contemplating what to start your day off with. This week was ridiculously crazy at work so I knew I wanted a kick-start this morning…full energy breakfast come at me! I put this breakie hash together by honestly meandering through my fridge, pantry and spice rack. Try it out!
What You Need
– 1/2 Small Sweet Potato (peeled and cubed into 1/2″ pieces)
– 1/4 Red Onion Sliced
– 1/4 Red Bell Pepper
– 1/4 cup Chickpeas (rinsed)
– 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
– 2 tbsp Water
– 1-2 Eggs
– 1 tbsp Washed & Chopped Cilantro (for those fellow cilantro lovers)
– 1/2 tsp Cumin
– 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1/4 tsp Paprika
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Refried Beans
What To Do
1. In a sauce pan, heat your coconut oil to a medium/high heat. Add your onion, bell pepper and sweet potato, salt, and pepper.
2. Once your onions have become transparent and your sweet potatoes are still a bit tough, add in the chickpeas and spices: cumin, garlic powder & paprika. Stir mixture together until the spices coat everything lightly.
3. Turn down the heat to low and add the 2 tbsp of water. Cover your pan with a lid and let it steam away for 3-5 minutes (or until the sweet potatoes are tender to fork).
4. While you’re veg is steaming, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place you egg into a coffee filter by placing the filter into a glass and cracking your egg into it. Carefully place it into the boiling water and hold it there for 5 seconds. Turn stove down to medium/high heat and let it float away!
5. Let the egg poach in your coffee filter for 3.5-4 minutes (Watch it carefully!! Don’t over cook your baby).
6. Begin to plate your vegetables. Top it with the egg, cilantro and your optionals: Salsa and/or refried beans
Happy Saturday :)
What’d you think of this hardy dish? Try it out and let me know in the comments below!
~ All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of hiatushunnie.wordpress.com ~