If you’re looking for a quick and easy grab-and-go lunch, you’ve got to try this out. Originated from Lebanon, Tabbouleh is normally a cold served vegetarian salad full of pungent herbs and flavour. Instead of using traditional Bulgar, I’ve hopped off the bandwagon and gone with quinoa in this recipe.
What You Need
-1 cup of Quinoa
– 2 cups of Water
– 1 Medium Cucumber (seeded)
– 1 Tomato
– 1/2 cups of finely chopped Mint
– 1/2 cup of finely chopped sweet Basil
– 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley (not Italian)
– 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 4 tbsp of fresh Lemon Juice
– 1 tsp of lemon or lime zest
– 1 tsp of salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– Avocado with a bit of salt
What To Do
- Bring your quinoa and water to a boil in a medium pot. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and let sit for 5. fluff with fork once done.
- Transfer Quinoa to a bowl and place in the freezer to quickly cool the quinoa.
Now the rest…
- Chop up your herbs finely, and combine all your ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the cooled quinoa.
- Keep in the fridge for the week (makes about 5 cups)
- Top a bowl of tabbouleh with half an avocado and a sprinkle of salt (it’s delicious!)
Love the greens,
Fan of tabbouleh? Throw this together and let me know what you think!
~All Ideas and Shenanigans are Property of hiatushunnie.wordpress.com~